Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ciao, Roma...








I once joked to a friend that I had opted to learn French and study abroad in France rather than Italy because, were I to spend a considerable amount of time in Italy, I would probably fall in love and never return to the United States.

Of Rome, this is potentially quite true. Good thing I threw only one coin into the Trevi Fountain.


Captions and explanation: the glassy Tiber river reflecting the statues of Pont d'Angelo; the Capitoline Wolf suckling Romulus and Remus; the Forum; ancient statues from the House of the Vestal Virgins; the Trevi Fountain; a group of nuns in St. Peter's Bascilica; view of the Pantheon from the McDonald's across the piazza, with Cappucchino milkshake and spinach-parmesan croquettes.
"Legend has it that a traveler who throws a coin into the [Trevi] fountain is ensured a speedy return to Rome; one who tosses two will fall in love there." - Let's Go Western Europe

No comments: