Monday, October 13, 2008

La Maison

I think it's about time I do a post on where I live - so here it is, complete with slideshow and image captions. The apartment is a duplex in Butte aux Cailles (Quail Hill), a quaint little corner of Paris that is something of a throw-back to the 1920s/1930s. Although just a short walk from Place d'Italie, the area ressembles a French village more than an urban neighborhood. The Maison de Faubourg where we live is close to the intersection of Rue de la Butte aux Cailles and Rue des Cinq Diamants, the social center of this somewhat bo-bo (bohemian-bourgeois) area.

The house itself is cute, quirky, and very French. The slanted ceilings on the top floor are not too much of a hassle (I used to hit my head in the shower a lot), but it does have that hobbit house-feel. The chauffage is gas, and very effective, so even in winter it'll be cosy and warm. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words - so here are some images to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

No comments: